Better Living Through Spiritual Dancing: 10 Ways to Stay Centered In A Crazy World
Life is a game of movement, an opportunity for spiritual dancing. This is how I strive to stay centered as I move through crowded kitchens, packed dance floors, and busy streets. Here are 10 suggestions to improve your movement as you navigate through our crazy world.
Optional Reading Music:
Life is a game of movement, an opportunity for spiritual dancing.
This is how I strive to stay centered as I move through crowded kitchens, packed dance floors, and busy streets.
Here are 10 suggestions to improve your movement as you navigate through our crazy world…
1. Relax into your lightness of being. Allow the words “be light” to rest in the back of your consciousness at all times.
2. Breathe deeper!
3. Walk with awareness as your feet touch the ground. Ground yourself, but stay light, and go with the flow.
4. Open up your heart space by opening your clavicles and shoulders. Staying mindful about your posture keeps the heart space supple.
5. Gently lift your head off your uppermost vertebrae and relax.
6. As you move, think of everyone as an extension of yourself. Give yourself over to kindness, understanding, and acceptance. Observe the quality of your thoughts as you rest in this state.
7. Practice moving and seeing without judgment. Your mind will automatically assess people and situations. Try to just be without all the mind-quantifying. Try not to thought-build. Relax and let go.
8. Move with awareness and direction. Try to avoid thinking about why you’re doing what you’re doing. Ruminating too much is like texting while driving. It keeps you from staying present. Try your best to stay lovingly out of over-thinking (but don’t be too hard on yourself).
9. Smile! Smile with your eyes and your mouth will follow.
10. Be playful and have fun with whatever you’re doing.
You probably already noticed that all of these actions are about living your life from a place of meditative centeredness.
In future articles, I’ll talk a lot more about centeredness, intrinsic awareness, and why meditation can greatly improve the quality of your body, mind, and life.
May your day’s movements be filled with light, grace, and awareness!